Valleyfield is a privately owned property, listed with the National Trust. The house is one of the oldest continuously lived in homes in Australia.
The land, beside the Derwent river in New Norfolk - Tasmania, was granted to two ex-convicts, William and Mary Abel, by Governor Lachlan Macquarie on 20 September 1813. William and Mary built a house on the land, which they ran as an inn.
One of the out-buildings on the property, a coach house, can be booked for events. Event bookings include access to the garden. The garden runs down to the river and contains established trees, roses, espalier fruit trees and an orchard.
Visits to view the property for potential events are by appointment only.